A while back I was more than honored when Elishabeth from Food and Thrift Finds http://foodandthriftfinds.blogspot.com/2010/11/lovely-blog-award.html Livya from Eat Greek http://eatgreek.net/2010/11/my-first-award/ and Alisha from The ardent Epicure http://www.theardentepicure.com/2010/11/whats-for-dessert-baked-brie-croissants.html let me know I was given the Lovely Blog award. Thank you so much.
It took me a while to come up with a list of 15 blogs I like, it’s so hard, it’s harder than making a cake from scratch. I promise I’ll post a list with 30 more blogs.
Most of you I met on FoodBuzz http://www.foodbuzz.com/ . I’m so happy to be part of this big community where I got my languishing blog off the ground ha ha ha and met so many wonderfully talented writers/cooks/photographers . I’m so thankful to all of you for those wonderful recipes/stories/photos you share everyday.
Back to my 15 blog list, gosh, this is hard
1. Carolyn from All Day I Dream About Food , is one of the Moms I admire, she has three wonderful kids and still has time to share with us wonderful stories and recipes. I wonder if her day has 36 hours or more, hmmm. Check out her latest “freaking good” walnut blondies http://dreamaboutfood.blogspot.com/2010/11/walnut-blondies-with-dark-chocolate.html and let yourself carried away to a land of nuts and low carb chocolate chips. You will also find lots of low carb/gluten-free recipes.
2. Monet from Anecdotes and Apple Cores, she’s one of those people whom you get along so easily. She’s a great writer and baker. Oh yes, she does love baking, check out her latest cranberry bread http://anecdotesandapples.weebly.com/1/post/2010/11/moist-cranberry-bread.html and tell me if you can resist those moist breads.
3. Sommer from A spicy Perspective, is on a Cranberry mood lately, check out her Christmasy Candied Cranberries http://aspicyperspective.blogspot.com/2010/11/gear-up-for-holidays.html and start playing the carols. Christmas is right around the corner.
4. Lora from Cake Duchess, as the title says, her blog is about cake, cake and more cake. Her latest Cranberry and apple cake http://www.cakeduchess.com/2010/11/easy-cranberry-and-apple-cake.html makes you want to be on her Thanksgiving guests’ list.
5. Letizia from For the Love of Food, tho I can say lately she can call her blog : For the Love of Chocolate since her Ultimate Chocolate Cake http://letiziagolosa.blogspot.com/2010/11/ultimate-chocolate-cake.html would satisfy every chocoholic’ sweet tooth.
6. Roxan from Kitchen Meditation, for her well-balanced dishes and great photos, tho I might give the award to her husband for the dinner he put together http://kitchenmeditation.blogspot.com/2010/11/guest-chef-husband-makes-fish-tacos.html#more . Didn’t he do a wonderful job, I do believe he did.
7. Claudia from Foodessa. If i have to explain why I always go back to read for blog, I would not know the answer : the stories, the recipes, the photos. I’ll go with all. See her autumn photos http://www.foodessa.com/2010/10/october-in-quebec-share-and-tell.html and you’ll fall in love .
8. Dimah from Orange Blossom Water, most of her posts bring something new to me, I love the way she takes the time to explain the secrets, tips and ingredients of Syrian cuisine and the cookies, oh, the cookies http://www.orangeblossomwater.net/index.php/2010/11/19/eid-al-adha-sweets-2010/ how I wish she’s be my next door neighbor.
9. Michelle from Brown Eyed Baker, I don’t know is she’s a brown-eyed girl, but I do believe she’s a baker. Those of you who are still looking at the turkey and have no clue how to cook it, read her tips at http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/11/17/thanksgiving-cooking-turkey-tips/
10. Kristi from Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right, her recipes are so easy and healthy and reading your blog you’ll feel like she’s one of your girlfriends talking about weight watchers. Check out her latest soup http://motherrimmy.com/wordpress/?p=6985
11. Marvellina from What to cook today. On her blog you’ll find lots of Asian recipes, great stories and wonderful photos. Also check her post about post natal diet http://whattocooktoday.com/postnatal-traditional-chinese-confinement-period.html
12. Sarah from Baking Serendipity, yup, another baker :d I found her blog a while back and kept going back for more recipes, tips and stories and since she confessed that “I sometimes eat dessert for dinner” I started to like her not just the blog😛. Her Apple Cinnamon Bread http://bakingserendipity.blogspot.com/2010/11/apple-cinnamon-bread.html just calls your name this time of the year.
13. Norma from Platanos, Mangoes and Me. she puts in one blog Spanish and Latin flavors and shares with us recipes learned from her mom and the ones she passes to her granddaughter. Oh, and she’s so funny and full of life and a great chef, look at the wonderful dinner she put together http://platanosmangoesandme.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-pom-wonderful-dinner-party.html you can tell by the photos how much fun they had. Did you notice the apron😉
14. Kylie from A hungry Spoon, another dessert lover and if you don’t believe me check out her chocolate-peanut butter cookies http://ahungryspoon.blogspot.com/2010/11/girls-night-ganache-goodness.html and envy her for the girls night out (I did)
15. Julie from Mommy Cooks. Thanksgiving is just around the corner and if you’re still looking for the perfect apple pie or want to impress your guests with a lattice pie, check out her how-to clip at http://mommiecooks.com/2010/11/22/apple-pie-recipe/.